Chatting with an Austrian woman

Susanne Doebesche is an Austrain independent writer. She studied law science at Vienna University. She is one of my favorite friennds on Facebook.
Last Saturday I uploaded a photo of Chrismas decoratation at Osaka Imperial Hotel. My wife took that picture.
Immediately Susanne poked at me and I poked at her back. We repeated this at least ten times. Then she started chatting with me. First of all she showed me pictures of biscuits and Christmas cakes she has just baked. It looked so delicious that I wanted to eat.
All of a sudden she called me up in Facebook. It was surprising, because I have never talked over the phone. I didn't know what to do.Naturally I missed out on getting her call. It was a shame. But we continued to chat each other for a while. In the meantime I found a telephone button on the chat column. I just wanted to test her and pushed the button.
At the other end of  the line I heard her saying, "Guten Tag! Wie geht es dir? or in English, Hello, how are you doing?" Then she complimented my wife's photo. I was kind of flattered.
She said she visited Tokyo in the 1980s and found Japan a wonderful country. I was glad to hear that.
I told her I went on a honeymoon trip to Vienna and had a wonderful time in a restaurant, singing songs together with the Austrians.
After that she explained to me the recipe for her biscuits and cakes. But I was unable to understand 80% of what she said.
After the telephone conversation I was dissapointed at my ability to speak German. I went to Goethe Institute for 7 years to learn German and Japan-German-Society fur a discussion in German for 3 years.
Furthermore I try to read German book only a couple of sentences each day. Still I don't understand what Susanne said.
Come to think of it, I've just turned 67. I memorize words each day and forget about them soon.
Although I live up to 80 years or so, I've got a fat chance to learn the language because of aging.
My philosophy ist that have fun when you learn a foreign language. In the course of time I drop dead.
That's the happiest moment in my life.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club