Bosnia and Herzgovina

Last Sunday I went to German Cultural Center. What a shame! Our respectable German classrooms are now inside French Academy Center, as the number of  participants learning German is on the decline.
In the beginning our German teacher said to participants, "Let's go drinking after the lesson!" Four out of eight participants answered right on the spot, "Why not?"
I was one of them. I knew that my wife and  my daughter were out for dinner.
The first part of the lesson ended.  Then we took a break. I smoked a cigarette outside the restaurant on the first floor watching a young, big and voluptious French waitress waiting on customers. When she bended over to serve a coffee, I could see her cleaveage. "Merci. Une belle femme!"
 A couple had entered the classroom. A man spoke good German. But somethng is different. He seemed to be an Arabian when I looked at him closely. His wife is definately a Japanese, because she spoke good Kyoto dilalects.
To my surprise the teacher let the man talk about on Bosnia and Herzgovina in the second half of the session. His father was born there and eventaully  moved to Germany with his family.
Actually the man was born in Germany and has a German nationality. His wife was learning German in Essen. They are now happily married.
According to his presentation the Balkan Peninsula is still a volatile region.
Although the Kosovo War ended officially 20 years ago, the conflicts are still going on.
The reasons:
-Different religions: Roman-Catholic, Islam, Russian-Catholic
-Different people: Serb, Slavs, Arabs, Turkish
-Different languages: Serb, Slavs, Arabic
After the lesson we all went out to Izakaya. I was happy that I could talk to the couple in German.
We talked about Korean eletronic manufactuers, especially Samsung's competitiveness in Germany.
Today no German buys home appliances from Japan, because the price is outrageous.
On the contrary, Samsung's products such as refrigerators, cellphones and  microwaveovens dominate the German market. Their price is cheaper and quality is of the same level with Panasonic, Sharp and SONY. I wondered what happened to Japanese manufactuers. Has Yen's appreciation got something to do with it? At least we Japanese buy Japanese products in the domestic market. In the end the Bosnian made an interesting remark.
In Germany the Germans buy no more Mercedes, BMWs and VWs because they are not proud of "Made in Germany" It is unbelievable. But is it true? Or he has something against Germany?  It's too bad that I could not catch up on him. I would say my German is still on the intermediary level. But I coud brush up on it.
Last but not least, I would like to leave you with this one last thought,
"Distant conflict reverberates around the world."

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club