A journey to Kyoto

Today I'd like to talk about a little journey to Kyoto with German tourists. On the 6th of Octber my wife and I took them to Myoshin-ji by Hankyu train. Actually the temple is devided into smaller 47 temples. One of them is called Reiun-in where my grandfather's tomb is located.
In the beginning a monk guided us to the tombstone. We prayed for my grandfather together. Inside the temple a nun showed us around the kitchen, a large tatami room and finally to the altar. She was proud of the story, that the Emperor often visited the temple a thousand years ago. I found the story a little bit boring. But I was impressed with my wife and the Germans. They were sitting straight and  eager to listen to her.
After that we visited Arashiyama, where we enjoyed  walking through the bamboo forest. I felt awesome in the forest. Lastly we went back to Osaka by  Hankyu Railway.

Three Japanese things that the German find "cute":
1. On a rainy day you'll find a small gadget  at the entrance of the building
The gadget covers your soaked umbrella with a plastic tube, so that the building inside is kept clean.

2. In an "izakaya"( reasonable-priced bar) like "Watami", you'll find a bell on the edge of the table.
You ring the bell, then the waitress or waiter immediately shows up. You don't have to shout at the waiter when you want to place order.

3. On a pedestrian street or a platform for the train, you'll see a varigated 50cm -wide -strip which is painted yellow. The yellow strip is for blind people using a white stick. They make sure the way that leads to safety.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club