How to write good English

Last Saturday I went to Kobe Japan-German Association to take part in German Speak-Up club.
The theme was about various experiences you had in your childhood. I wanted to talk about my experience when I learned German through NHK Radio program in my high school days.
For that purpose I brought the old text book which was printed in 1966.
Unfortunately the facilitator took up different subjects such as differences in education system between Germany and Japan. They praised the German education system where students have no homework during the summer holidays, students enjoy sports activities in the munucipal districts and students have no lessons in the afternoon, and so on.
On my way back home I dropped in a coffee shop by the name of "Dou Tor". I thumbed through the textbook and found a good passage for people who want to improve writing German. An idea occurred to me suppose if I replaced "German" with "English".
So, I translated the passage into English. Today, I'd like to share it with all of you, since you're eager to study English.

"HOW TO WRITE GOOD ENGLISH"
1. It's dangerous to write English, just depending on a Japanese-English dictionary
2. Write English in your own words
3. When you read English, try to remember expressions that you bump into frequently
4. Hopefully you memorize them
5. To broaden your horizon of your vocabulary. I recommend that you should be gradually accustomed to using English-English dictionary

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club