Encountering Nature Part 2

Our class teacher took us to Hakone in summer in the 2nd year of Seikei elementary school. We spent a couple of nights at Senkyorou-inn and Kanpourou-inn. Senkyorou stood on the hill far away from the center of the village. The inn was a shabby-looking house. When it was dark it seemed to me as if a lot of witches lived in there. We called it a spooky house.
On the other hand Kanporou-inn was a big gorgeous Ryokan near the Ashinoko-lake. When I ate lunch with other classmates on a large 100 Tatami room, I noticed a beautiful white flower through the window by the staircase. I asked a middle aged woman who waited on me, "I was wondering what's the name of the flower." She answered the flower is a lily. After that I went out into the garden and found so many beautiful lilies blooming beside the pond.
Later on I visited Chicago on my buisness trip and took part in a seminar held by the mother company named Amoco Chemical. A beauftiful young blonde woman happened to sit next to me.
At first I was anxious because it was the first time I spoke to an American woman with mesmerising beautiful blue eyes. She introduced herself as Susan Sullivan and explained to me that her first name Susan came from the Hebrew Old Testament and it meant a lily. It reminded me of staying in Hakone and enjoyed watching lilies in the garden.
On an idyllic note the happiest moment in Hakone was that after lunch we went by bus to Owaku-Dani where we ate Onsen-eggs. It smelled sulfur but it was delicious. As a souvinior I bought 10 Onsen eggs for my family. In the evening our class teacher, whose major was the national language, that is Japanese, gave orders to write a postcard to our parents. I wrote to Mom that I went on hiking and I was able to see the beautiful Mt. Fuji over the Ashinoko-lake and it was fun playing games with classmates in the Kanporo-inn. But I felt somehow lonesome, since it was rather getting boring living in the countryside. I wanted to come back to Tokyo sooner.  I missed my sisters and my brother in Koenji, Tokyo.
In the course of time I graduated from a university and began to work for a company in Osaka.Since I mostly lived in big cities like Tokyo and Osaka, I had no longer a chance to meet nature. That's a shame. One exception was that I lived in Nagaoka, Niigata Prefecture in the late 1990s. I went on hiking to Murakami Onsen by the Japan Sea. I went for a walk to the seashore.When I touched the water, I trembled. Unlike the mild Pacific Ocean, Japan See was cold, I didn't feel like swimmintg there.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club