"Avada Kedavra!"

One month ago I started reading a book entitled "Harry Potter and Philosopher's Stone." in German. In Germany they call it "Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen."
I bought this book, because I wanted to read Harry Potter series in German once for all and test my German reading ability at the same time.
My Skype friend from Germany told me he read every novel of Harry Potter series. So I understand that the book is very popular among the Germans. Last not but least the title is the first novel written by Joanne K. Rowling and published in 1997.

The book describes how Harry Potter,  a young wizard, makes close friends and a few enemies at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and with the help of his friends and thwarts an attempted comeback by the evil wizard, Lord Voldemort, who killed Harry's parents when he was one year old.

It's interesting to know that Harry was an orphan and adopted by the Dursley family. Due to his wizardry he was always bullied by Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia. It's sad to know that he has to sleep in the cupboard under the stairway whereas his cousin, Dudley, has a large bed to himself.
Now I'm reading the chapter called "Spiegel Nerhegeb" or "Mirror Nerhegeb". Harry meets his parents in the mirror at the library. He was so overjoyed that he took Ron to the mirror. But when Ron looks into the mirror, he sees only himself. The mirror is kind of spooky, as only Harry can communicate with his parents.

Although I rely on a dictionary, I could follow the plot because I read the book intermittently day by day. It's fun reading the Harry Potter's series with full of  author's clever plots, humor and imagination.
Hopefully I'll be able to finish reading the book by the end of month.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club