My Favorite Dentist

In March I attended a seminar on teeth caring. It was organized by a Non Profit Organization.
The speaker was an expert on health care in the mouth. He is also a dentist and graduated from Okayama Univeristy.

First, he referred to cleaning of the teeth and regular scaling of tartar by the dentist. For nobody can be sure of removing every food particles with every brushing only at home.
Then, he asked all participants how much is one tooth worth. I thought it was somewhere around 300,000 Yen. From the dentist's view it would cost as much as 1.000.000 Yen. Incredible!
Next, he suggested that we use toothpaste that contains fluoride, because it helps prevent cavities.
After that, he talked about the relationships between the gum disease and diabetes.
A person who has gum disease runs the risk of suffering from diabetes and vice versa.
Finally  he gave tips when we look for a good dentist.
There are 70,000 dentists in Japan, more than 60,000 convenience stores. Too many dentists. It must be a cut-throat competition!  According to the espert, it is ill-advised to seek a dentist through the internet. The surefire way is by the word of mouth, namely  from your friends, colleagues and relatives. Moreover it would be advisable that we visit a dentist who also employs hygiene assitants. For they conduct perfect cleaning of your teeth.

Let me introduce to you a dentist I visited recently. The dentist turned out to be a beautiful woman.
Moreover she's smart, resourceful and considerate. I imagine that she was from a well-to-do family Wow!  In accordance with the expert's thoughts she's got quite a few cute hygiene assitants. I love 'em!
I suffered from gum disease and dental caries. I know the reasons. I smoke and love eating ice cream.
At first the dentist threatened me with false teeth. I was terrorized of getting dentures, because I won't be able to kiss my wife. I kneeled down and begged her that I would settle for bridges. In the course of treatment I lost three teeth and had one wisdom tooth extracted. It's a shame but I bear in mind that I'll have to take good care of the rest of my 25 teeth.

My regular check-up is scheduled in July. I am looking forward to seeing the dentist and young assitants. In the meantime my wife is getting wise. She says, "I never know anybody like you who  loves the dentist. Beware of masked beauties!"

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club