Caregiver Community

Last Thursday I dropped in a Comprehensive Care-Giving Support Center and talked with a Care Manager, Ms Minoo, about my sister who suffers from Alzheimer's.
She explained to me about function of Caregiver Community in detail. Based on this conversation I drew  graphs and tables to straighten up my thoughts. Then I got the whole picture of a caregiver community comprising hospitals, patients, caregivers and Care Managers.

Now I'd like you to briefly take a look at the copy I just distributed round you.
Under the auspices of District Support Center in Tokyo, a caregiver company dispatches a caregiver to my sister once in a week. The caregiver cleans the bathroom, checks out food in the fridge and talks with my sister as a companion.
Recently I received a letter from her. It seems my sister doesn't take a bath regularly. She eats the same foodstuff. Furthermore she seems to have trouble with her knees, as she walks slowly.
As far as I'm concerned, I'm of the opnion that my sister cannot go to a large hospital alone because she cannot change trains. The worst thing about it is that she believes she can do it all alone. Is that another tragic symptom of the disease? So, I make it a point of accompaying her to the hospital every 2 months. The doctor now suggests it's high time she enter a nursing home. There are various nursing homes in Japan such as "special caring nursing home", "care house" and "house with special care service". Which nursing home should I take her to?
My sister takes pride in her. She wouldn't believe she has dementia. She thinks she is just getting forgetful. Can she ever get along with other patients when she enters a nursery home? I panicked. Is the caregiver's visiting time once a week enough?

Since 2011 I visited my sister 12 times. Now I'm getting sick and tired of seeing her because I get irritated when she says and confirms the same things over and over again.
When I talked with Ms. Minoo about this, she suggested that I contact directly a Care Manger in Tokyo.
As soon as I got home, I called up Caregiver Center. A Care Manager was on the other end of the line. She agreed to caregiver's visiting time three times a week. On top of that she gave me advice that I can utilize her company's "Accompanying Hospital Service". Oh, what a relief! I was glad to hear that.
In August I'm supposed to see my sister in Tokyo. At the same time I'd like to drop in the Caregiver Center and say hello to the Care Manager. Thank you for your advice, Ms. Minoo. You're such a beautiful woman that I'd almost fall in love with you!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club