I don't want to be bossed around

A couple of months ago I talked to you about the concert of a Japanese opera-singer in Osaka. The concert was held on the 10th of August at Osaka Club. I'm so proud that my wife and my daughter organized this event. I'm also glad to know that about 300 people gathered. The concert was successful. After the concert my wife invited her friends over to my house and gave a party.
Some of them stayed a night at my house.

Earlier this month my wife had said to me,"Honey, I'm afraid you'll have to go out alone on the evening of the10th. But I'll lend you my credit card and 10,000 Yen. Have fun!"
Actually I left my house on that day. I carried a computer bag and a suitcase. I dragged them down to a business hotel nearby. It was so hot that I started to sweat on my way to the hotel.

The clerk was rather afffable. But I had to pay in advance. Of course I let him charge to the credit card. The single room was so small. I turned on the air-conditioner immediately.
I started playing a computer game in Facebook. Then I enjoyed watching profile-photos of my friends. After that I read a German book entitled "Home Coming" written by Bernhard Schlink. I found it boring. Reading the difficult German book in a comfortable room made me sleepy. Soon I fell asleep.
The next day the sun was glaring in my eyes. The temperature went up somewhere around 37 degrees Centigrade. I walked along a shopping arcade near the hotel. Unfortunately most of the stores were closed because of the "Obon" holidays. I dropped in a coffee shop three times to chill down.
It was 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon before my cellphone ringed. My wife was at other the end of the line. She said to me, "Thanks for waiting. You MAY come home now."
On my way back home, I wondered why my wife calls the shots in the family.
Because she thinks my money is hers and her money is hers.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club