Do I have Altzheimer's?

I make it a point of going to a supermarket "Koyo" every morning right after breakfast. When I'm done with shopping, next I drop in a coffee shop "Doutor" for a cup of coffee. That is the happiest moment in my daily life because I can read German books over the coffee.
Last Friday I went into the coffee shop as usual after buying apples, Natto and an instant coffee bottle at the supermarket.
First of all I put my shopping plastic bag on the table to get a conveniet place. Then I ordered an iced coffee at the counter. All of a sudden I wanted to go to men's room. I knocked the door frantically. Unfortunately it was occupied by someone. I was still waiting in the doorway to the toilette, because I was impatient. At last a gentelman in a dark-blue suit came out. I said, "Sorry!" But he ignored me and said nothing. He was in the least an aminable chap. He seemed to be in a hurry. That's why he gave me the cold shoulder.
When I got out of the men's room. I found my brown overcoat was gone and my muffler had fallen off from the chair down to the ground. It occurred to me that someone must have stolen it. Suddenly I remembered my wife scolded me harshly when I left my expensive overcoat in the  Hankyu train 7 years ago. I felt severe tinnitus while I was on the train and forgot to leave the overcoat on the baggage rack. The next day I went to a Lost and Found office at Hankyu Umeda Station but I couldn't retrieve my overcoat.
Back to the coffee shop, as the "stolen" overcoat was on my mind, I didn't feel like reading German books any more. A waitress came by. I inquired whether she had seen the brown overcoat. She said, "Gosh, I don't believe it!". Then I wanted to contact my wife but I didn't take a celluar phone with me.
I inquired whether if there was a public phone booth nearby.
 A young woman, who was sitting a couple of talbes away, overheard our conversation.
It was nice of her that she offered me her mobile phone and said, "You can use my phone."
At that time I couldn't think of my wifes cellular phone's number. In the end the waitress suggested that I use the coffee shops official telephone with no charge, as I remembered now my house's phone number. When I rang up my wife, she was angry because she was in the toilette. She took a couple of minutes to find my overcoat in my room. Good Heavens! I was very happy that my wife was not mad at me. I was also grateful to the waitress and the young woman for helping me out. Osaka people are really nice!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club