Idiom Theater

Read the beginning of a conversation between Mason, the tough detective, and his client, the beautiful widow, Mrs. Street. Where there are blanks, try to fit in the proper body idiom from the list.

At Mason's office on a rainy afternoon. There is a frantic knock on the floor.
Mason:              Well, hello beautiful! Come in. You're XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! Poor thing.
                         Who are you and what's the problem?
Mrs. Street:       Please give me a moment to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
                         I've been running in the rain. I'm so scared! I'm XXXXXXXXXX.
Mason:             Here let me help you with your coat. If you need XXXXX. You've come to the right  place.
Mrs. Street::     You are the famous detective, Mr. Mason?
Mason:             Yes, that's right. Please sit down. Look, I don't want to XXXXXXXXXXX.

                      A. a shoulder to cry on
                      B. a bundle of nerves
                      C. catch my breath
                      D. be nosy
                      E. soaked up to the skin

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club