Why are French people reluctant to speak English?

The other day I visited my sister in Tokyo. She majored in French political history at a university in Tokyo. Now she's retired and the emeritus professor of a university in Saitama Prefecture. It is sad that she suffers from Alzheimer's for years. I had always thought about how I could ever revive her memory. This time I prepared for a lot of questions related with  "French Quarters."
Question: Why are French people reluctant to speak English?
Answer: The French believe that they are the most culturally refined people in the world. They are proud of the fact that the French Revolution in the 18th century created the Enlightenment, freedom and equality, which we take it for  granted among the leading western nations today.  That's why they don't need to practice English. They think  French  is the greatest, the most beautiful,  the most decent language of all the nations. Have you ever seen President Sarkozy speak English? That's out of the question! If they speak English, it's the end of the world. It's so horrible with a strange French accent that no English native speaker would understand.
Ladies and gentlemen,  be proud of your Japanese-English.
It's easier to get the message across to the native speakers than French-English. The French think  that the Japanese are still living in a feudal society, though. That's a fly in the ointment.
But having said that, many people find it irresistable to speak to gorgeous French women with  those captavitating mesmerising blue eyes. I made a list of French - English word book for those people.
1.Merci :Thank you
2.Bonjour!: Good Afternoon! or Hello!
3.Bonsoir!: Good Evening!
4.Bon Voyage! :I wish you a good trip!
5.Bon: good
6.vous : you
7.tu : In stead of "you"  you use 'tu" when you talk with friends or your family
8.Tutoyer: Let's speak with "tu"
These 8 essential French words are useful when you want to pick up a nightstand in Paris, I think.
Now I'm sighning off. I'm saying  "Aurevoir"(Good- bye) to all of you. Hopefully you'll be able to get a nice French kiss. Adieu! (Good-bye forever!)

P.S. My sister is doing great. I hope she'll remember things better.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club