Love is blind

Earlier ths month I visited my sister in Tokyo. The weather was tropical. I almost blacked out when I got off a station on JR Yamonote Line. It was the the sultriest day in this summer.
My Sis was doing great. It was a relief. This time she told me about an interesting story. In 1960 she took part in a student demonstration against the Japan- US Security Treaty. The demo was so radical that the police harshly clamped down university students. Yet it had two meanings:
1. Because of the demo, the US President Eisenhower's visit to Japan was canceled.
2. One coed who studied at Tokyo University was killed in the clash between the students and the police.
My sister was two years older than the coed but she had never spoken to her.
To my surprise her late husband was arrested by the police because he involved in organizing the demonstration.
As a fiancee she went to the police and asked the officer whether she could hand him a bento.
It was kind of him to let her go and see her late husband  in the jail where he was detained.
As soon as she realized that he was right in a dark cell, the officer began to ask her her name and address as a matter of factly. As he was right about to jot down his memo, the detainee yelled at her out of darkness, "Never say anything to him. Go back home! Please!" She told me this story over and over again. Well, at first I thought it was due to her Alzheimer's, as the patients normally reiterate the same things again and again. But she seemed to be somehow happy when she talked about her husband. She was really falling in love with him, although she said,  "I was curious. I just wanted to see what's the jail like..."

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club