Memory about German Class for Beginners

I started learning German in 2006. I belonged to the A2 class. My teacher was a mature woman, by the name of Frau Braun, from Kiel in the northern part of Germany.
She was married to a Japanese man by the name of Fukumoto. I remember the name vividly, because Frau Braun invited all the class members to her apartment in Kobe Port Island for the final lesson.
It was the best party I've ever experienced in my life. For the classmates, consisted of cuties like Masako, Michiko and Akane, who had graduated from musical universities in Osaka, played the piano. I enjoyed for the first time in my life live classical music composed by Johann Sebatian Bach, Richard Wagner and Wolfgang Amdeus Mozart.
But from time to time I went outside the apartment. It's a refreshing time for cigarettes. When  I was about to get inside, I saw clearly her husband's name on the nameplate in the doorway.
It was getting late and the party was closing in to an end. Of all kimono-clad girls, Frau Braun started to show us Japanese dance on the Tatami-mat. It was surprising to see that kimono suited the blonde German woman.
What's impressive about her lesson was that she asked each member of the class on an amusing note, "Please send me a postcard like this when you have traveled to Germany. I'd be very glad to recieve it."
Well, I kept her promise. When I was in Nuerngberg, I bought a postcard at a Kiosk and wrote her in a coffee shop  near the station. I was getting nervous, because I wanted to know if my German writing was correct or not. So I dared to call a waitress nearby and had her it check it. She took a glance at it. she said in a very matter-of-fact way.   "Everything is in order".
Back to Japan I kept on writing her a postcard a couple of times a year. She didn't respond to my postcards. But we started exchanging New Year's Cards. Come to think of it my German improved by writing the letter to her. Now that she' s retired, we'll remain friends through thick and thin.
A little language goes a long way.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club