Japan-Germany Association

Next Saturday I'm going to Japan-Germany Association in Kobe to discuss two themes in German.
1. The Best from Japan
2. The Best from Germany
As far as the Number 1 topic is concerned, I'd like to talk about a Karaoke house in Japan.
It's surprising to know that Karaoke machine was originated of all cities in Japan, right here in Kobe and invented by Mr. Sugiyama who applied for no patents. He must have been the richest man in the world if he had asked for them. With development of Japanese electronic gadges in the 80's Karaoke conquered entertainment establishments in Europe and America rapidly.
A month ago I went singing Karaoke at Cote Dazur with my friends from Fullnest Club in Minoo. In the Karaoke cabin lyrics are usually displayed on a video screen. So it is easy for everyone to sing all kinds of music. Actually we had lots of fun together. As we were about to leave the Karaoke house, Mr. Yamazaki was on the top of the world. What he referred to Karaoke singing drove me home.
He said, "Singing Karaoke is the cheapest and the most amusing game for me."
come to think of if, I also found a reasonable Karaoke house in the neighborhood. It costs only 160 Yen for an hour with drinks at no charge. It's cheaper and more enojoyable than spending time at "Dou Tor" where you have to pay 200 Yen for a cofffee. As you all know I like American Pop songs in the 60's, I always start singing with Elvis Presly's songs, such as "Jail House Rock", "Heart Break Hotel" "Love me Tender" and "Blue Hawaii" and so on. But sometimes I read German poems aloud in the Karaoke booth.
It's a good practice for a German pronunciation.
Let me show you an example from Johann Wolfgang Goethe.
 It's eintitled "Heidenroeslein".

Sah ein Knabe ein Roeslein stehen
Roeslein auf der Heiden,
War so jung und morgenschoen,
Lief er schnell, es nah zu sehn,
Sah es mit vielen Freuden
Roeslein, Roeslein, Roeslein rot,
Roeslein auf der Heiden

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club