Way of People Live

Early in November I visited the museum in Kyoto University to see my grandfather's exhibition of calligraphy. As it was early in the morning, the display room was not crowded. Thanks Heaven! I could enjoy watching his various calligraphy, "Haiku", "Tanka" and a long letter to his deciple by the name of Tanabe Gen. At first professor Tanabe belonged to Kyoto School Sect which my grandfather founded. Gradually he drifted apart and in the end criticised my grandfather's way of thinking. My grandfather wrote to him about an Austrian philosopher Husserl. I felt sad since I could not read his writings. It's all Greek to me. However two writings made a good impression upon me. First of all, I was taken aback when I saw "Ken-kon Itteki" (乾坤 一擲)which is literally translated, "sink or swim" He quoted it from an old great Chinese poet, Kanyu(韓諭). It means that "Let's throw the dice! Let's try it no matter what the results would be. After all our fate is within God's hands in the Heaven." something to the effect, I guess. Next his "Haiku" came into my view. Unlike his petrified philosophy he yearns for his old mother. When he was about to leave his house to study at Tokyo University, his infirm mother went out of her way to see him off at Kyoto Station. Incidently My mother had lived with my grandfather in Kyoto until at the age of 18. After that she went to women's college in Tokyo. She always told me how nice her father was. When her summer vacation came to an end, he made a point of seeing my mother off at Kyoto Station. His thought of craving for his mother is passing down on to my mother At first I thought my grandfather was difficult to deal with. But it looks like he has a character with humanity. Well, as for me, I wish I could do the same thing for my daughter. But she's already 34 years old and a little bit cheeky. She is drifting away from me. Regarding my wife, she's a pain in the ass, as she gives me a small allowance every month. So I decided to be at least nice to elderly participants in the English class I preside over every Thursday. Last not but not least, I'd like to leave you with one last thought quoting from Claudia's way of life in Facebook. "Life is too short to worry stupid things. Fall in love. Regret nothing and don't let people bring you down." Sink or swim, I decided to take the plunge and married my wife. Since she is now cold to me I'll be jerking off for the rest of my life.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club