Writing Email or a Letter?

C1 Examination for Goethe-Institute in wrirting expressions (65 minutes)

Today  many people write emails as a means of communication.
What advantages and disadvantages of emails do you see when you compare them to writing a letter?
State your thoughts, considering following 4 points.
1. Examples for email (Your personal experiences)
2. Meaning of email in your coutry
3. Argument for these communications
4. Your personal opinion

A large amount of people write more email than a letter these days in Japan.
I find the means of email totally modern. Thanks to Microsoft Corp. personal comupters developed dramatically in 1990s.
The advantages of email are simple, fast and free of charges. Furthermore adresees can pick up your email anytime he likes without wasting his important time. Here I'd like to show you examples.
I used to write emails to an American. About 10 minutes later I got an answer from him. It was surprising that I was able to receive it so fast. I could have reacted in answer to his mail in the same way. But be careful! When you often write email, I'd get into trouble, like negligence, spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. As a result, a deficiency in good writing is apparent.
On the contrary if you write a letter you can show your politeness, honesty and your affectionate feelings to your loves ones, friends and colleagues.
Therefore I suggest that maybe you should write a letter occasionally. It would be better if you write on occasion like their birthdays, marriage anniversaries and relocations.
In Japan it is especially important that you send your boss a mid-year present and a year-end present with seasonal greetings as a token of appreciation. Since the Japanese work in teamwork, your boss would be delighted to receive your concern and your promotion is guranteed. You could climb up the corporate ladder faster than your peers.
As for me the both ways, I mean, email writing and a  letter writing are important.
I write often emails and write a letter from time to time.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club