Christmas Cards and New Year's Cards

As I worked for Teijin Amoco in Tokyo, we Japanese received Christmas cards early in December from America. It was a little bit surprising because Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December.
I took it for granted that I could write gradually Christmas cards in the middle of December.
But I was really glad to see colorful Christmas cards with Santa Claus and white snow.

In the course of time I retired from the company. Then I went to Goethe-Insitute and took the course of Mrs Rohde, a German teacher.
She often taught us how to write postcards in German during the lesson.
So I gave it a try to write a Christmas card to her. Immediately she sent me a beautiful Christmas card, too. Unlike the flashy American Christmas card, it is a reserved and thoughtful.
I like the German way.
After that we even exchanged New Year's cards, too.

Regarding New year's cards I write to about 30 people that is my former colleagues, my former boss and my best friends at a university.
Many of them live in Tokyo. I haven't seen them for ages. Sometimes I feel like seeing only my old best friends. But I can't afford to buy an expensive ticket to Tokyo, as my wife calls the shots in my family.
When I receive New Year's cards from my obnoxious colleague and boss, I'll be in a bad mood.
Actually I don't like to write to them. But I must. This is kind of formality.
If possible I want to replace New Years cards with email. Because it is a simpler, faster and cheaper fashion. What is more I need no postage stamps.
Having said that it would be rude if I stopped writing at once.
When I turn to 70 years old, I'd like to announce that due to the aging I can't write any more and hopefully get an approval from them.
,

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club