My Wife Avoids Me

On the 6th of March I picked up Hidechen at the Imperial Hotel. Every two months we read the book of Anne Frank together. Hidechen is a 40- year- old something guy with whom I learned German at Goethe Institute.
Immediately we sat at a table in a UCC coffee shop.
The meeting last four solid hours. Actually it started at 11:00 and ended at 3:00 in the afternoon.
I was taken aback when I saw him "equipped" with a Smartphone, I- Phone and tablet. He doesn't use a notebook like me. He installed WORD on the tablet and wrote German sentences and Japanese sentences on the gadget. It seemed he had a lot of knoledge on these communication tools.
It's all Greek to me.
When Hidechen wanted to take a break and went into the men's room, my wife and my 37 -year -old daughter appeared out of thin air. As soon as she saw me, she just smiled at me and went away. They are gone. Oh shit! I could have introduced Hidechen to them.
After Hidechen and I were done with reading the book, we went down to a bakery with a coffee shop named "Seinu" for lunch.
I was aghast. My wife and daughter were already sitting at a table and whispering over a coffee.
They were hidden by the partition glass window. I told Hidechen, Those are my wife and my daughter." They raised their hands slightly.
While we were eating lunch, my wife and my daughter came up to us. they introduced themselves briefly, But again they were gone.
Hidechen was curious. He asked me, "Is you daughter married?" I answered, "Nope, she's just a parasite in my family." He laughed.
Then I took him to the bus stop in front of the hotel to see him off.
Back home my wife said, "I thought it was a good idea to drop in the UCC cafe to have a cup of tea. The moment I saw you still sitting at the table, I AVOIDED you. She went on, "Incidentally Hidechen must have eye-operation. When I saw him at a Christmas party at Goethe Institute a couple of years ago, he had a squint."
No wonder! I remembered that he had a bad squint when we were learning German in the same class. But I didn't have any idea that he had operation. I thought women notice men's behavior so quickly.
In the evening I wrote to him email and thanked him for coming to see me all the way from Kyoto. He wrote to me back. He was grateful to me for setting up the meeting. He enjoyed reading the book together. To my surprise he also thanked me for telling about computer's browser like "Firefox" and its email "Thunderbird", because he had trouble with Google Chrome Browser. Looks like I'm a computer expert. Unlike Hidechen I am all thumbs when it comes to small gadgets. I am so called "Gara-Kei."

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club