Karaoke Bar and Computer Shop

Last Thrusday I went to Karaoke Bar by the name of ("Cote Dazur") after this lesson was over.
I reserved a Karaoke room for one hour. I sung four songs in German and five songs in English.

The following is the list of songs I sung.
1. "99 Luftballons" by Nena                                       ("99 Airships")
2. "Sie liebt dich" by Beatles                                      ("She loves you")
3. "Komm zu mir deine Hand" by Beatles                     ("I wanna hold your hand")
4. "Wo sind die Blumen geblieben?" by Kingstone Trio     ("Where have all the flowers gone?")
5. "GI Blues" by Presley
6. "Jailhouse Rock" by Presley
7. "Yesterday once more" by Carpenters
8. "Only Yesterday" by Carpenters
9. "Touch me when you dance with me" by Carpenters

Except the song "99 Luftballons" all the lyrics were subtitled in English on the screen. So I had prepared a German version of texts for No..2 through No.4 beforehand.
I had a lot of fun singing alone. Because I was able to check my German pronunciation and English pronunciation as well.
When a bellboy called me and gave me a reminder, "10 minutes to go!",
I pressed for time and repeated the song "Where have all the flowers gone?" in German.
Then I went down a flight of stairs and headed to the front desk. . I asked him for the price. He said, "360 Yen." I thought it was a little bit more expensive than I expected.
It cost me somewhere around 230 yen for an hour 7 years ago. He explained to me politely the price system. He said, "It costs now  500 Yen for one hour. In case of the elderly, they offer a 30%- discount. Now spring holidays for students are in, so the price is a little bit (10 yen ) more expensive than usual.
After I left the Karaoke Bar, I walked down to to the intersection on the National Road 171 and took left there. Then I walked further 100 meters and found a computer shop on my right.
I got in the shop, because I wanted to buy a disc of windows 7 with 32 bit.
My desktop computer is Vista. Microsoft will stop providing  Vista with Windows update next year. So, I wanted to upgrade operation system from Vista to Windows 7.
Unfortunately they had only a Windows 7 disc with 64 bit. It cost 25,000 Yen. Instead the salesperson suggested I buy an old desktop computer, "Acer" of a Taiwanese make. It cost 27,000 Yen. If I bought a computer screen and a keyboard together, it would have cost more than 40,000 Yen. I visualized two large computers on my desk. "Oh, shit, no space for that! I won't be able to read even a book"
Let's watch and see. Looks like I have much time to consider buying a new computer.
Then I walked back to Makiochi station. After I arrived in Osaka, I dropped in a coffee shop in the underground shopping arcade, Umeda Whitey. I chilled down looking at young girls walking by. All together I walked 10 KM on that day. At a dinner table I had a healthy appetite. Since I am always under control of my domineering wife, I blew off my steam completely.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club