Renovation of our Condo

Our condo was built in 2000 and it's time for maintenance. For the last three months the condo is being renovated. They put up iron poles around the condo to hold a gondola that goes up to as high as the 30th floor.
I often bump into workmen with a helmet in the elevator and in the corridor. Sometimes one of the three elevators are used exclusively by them. That's a shame.
They painted the walls near the elevators and hanged a sign, "Just painted!" I hate this unpleasant smell. It stinks a lot for a while.
They used the gondola to climb up to the 20th floor where I live.
The tiles on the balcony have been already removed.
Soon they will conduct water-proof painting on the surface of the balcony.
It'll take more 2 months before the whole job is done.
I'm nervous when the gondola is going up and down.
To protect privacy my wife and my daughter strictly lock their windows and draw their curtains.
As for me it never bothers me watching the workmen hangring around on the balcony. Suddenly they disappeared. Where to? The went through an emergency exit that leads to the flights of stairs. I didn't know that our condo was secured in case of emergency.
Once a workman got on the balcony and took out window screens of my room. By chance I looked at him in the eyes. I was kind of obliged to say something to him. So, I said, "Hello, how are you doing?" He hesitated but replied, "Hello" in a low voice. We both must have behaved awkwardly.
At first they would appear on the balcony out of thin air. They would catch me with my pants down. But these days I make it a point of checking the repairing schedule at the front desk on the first floor.
Now I pretend not to care about them. The problem is when I get on the internet. I often watch hot women secretly especially when my wife and my daughter are out on a shopping spree.
Then I carefully draw lacework curtains and enjoy watching them. But Mum's the word. Don't say anything about it when you see my wife next time.
By and large the workmen are friendly and good-mannered. They work for a subsidiary company of Ohbayashi-Gumi which built our condo.
Last not but least we pay no money for this renovating job. It will be paid by the accumulated monthly upkeep.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club