New Toastmaster Club

Last Staurday I dropped off at Ojikoen Station and walked through the residential area to AA Plaza where a monthly meeting of a Toastmaster Club was held.
There were 25 participants including two Americans and one British.
I'm glad to see the president of the club again.

All in all I enjoyed the meeting and could brush up on my English.
First of all the president called on me to stand up and say something.
I introduced myself and told her why I was there. I just wanted to get a feeling of the toastmaster club again.

An interesting part was a table topic session.
The table topic speaker called on a member to stand up and ask a question. He or she has to answer the question off the cuff and it should last about 2 minutes. The topic was about "If you could ride on a timemachine and relive the incident in the past, what would you like to see?"

After that five members gave a speech. each one for 5-7 minutes, which is followed by the evaluating session. In this session it is noticeable that the American corrected English usage of the Japanese member. Someone said a judo player. That is not correct. we should say a judo fighter or judo athlete. When you use a word "play", it has something to do with a ball.

At the end of the meeting the president asked me what I thought of the meeting.
I like a great view of Kobe Port from the meeting room. Moreover it was impressive that everyone speaks good English.
As for me it is worthwhile visiting a toastmaster club for a spell.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club