I'm a pussy-whipped husband

Today I'd like to tell you about my bittersweet memory. When I joined a medical appliance company in 1998, I worked like a horse.But I was sick and tired of my job. Actually I was considering leaving the company. By the same token one of my colleagues living in America told me that he's left a chemical company in Atlanta, Gerogia and signed up for a Japanese-American company by the name of "Lord Warrior".
Let me introduce the company to you. (Quote) "Lord Warrior" has been providing Advisory Management Consulting and Executive and Professional Placement Services in the Automotive, Manufacturing, Construction and Technology Industries for over 20 years. In our 21st year in business, we are pleased to extend our expertise to these industries as they accelerate thier need for Renewable Energy Innovations to meet the today's challenge and the future." (Unquote)
I was fascinated by the company's rhetoric. In December 2003 I visited the company in Pittsburgh, PA and met the president in person. Wow, it turned out to be a small "one man office". I immediately took part in a crash course which the president provided. As the small office was occupied by an American secretary, we always discussed agenda in "KINKO", a small stationery store.The president's English is excellent, because he married an American woman of Denmark descent. He drives around a Toyota "TACOMA"  and greeted me at RED ROOF INN, the cheast hotel I stayed. He also took me out for dinner to various restaurants, sometimes "SUBWAY where we bought a lunch box. The most enjoyable venue was a hockey arena, where Pittsburgh PENs defeated Ohio RANGERs 4-0.
After I came back to Japan to apply for a H1 visa, I suffered from tinnitus. That's a shame because I invested a couple of million Yen in this project. 50% of the investment money was down the drain. My wife blew her fuse naturally. I was locked out of our bedroom. The rest is history.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club