"Konoyaro!"

Today I'd like to talk about one of my former company associates when I was working for a joint-venture between America and Japan.
His name is Toshi. He worked for Star Freedom Inc., the sole distributor of the joint-venture.
He graduated from Tokyo Engineering University. He was big into Go.
In fact he was not good at speaking English. When we had lunch in a Japanese restaurant with American sales managers from the headquarters in Chicago, there used to be an awkward silence.
Toshi shudders to think about even speaking to the Americans.

One day he invited me to his Go club in Shinagawa. Instead of playing Go we just drank together to blow steam off. For we were a Madogiwa-personnel (an old employee due to his incapability doing nothing in the office except watching girls walking by through the window.)
He told me how difficult to pronounce English. He experienced that during his stay in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA.
When he came back into his hotel room, he found a maid bed making. He was thirsty and wanted to drink some milk. Then he said to her, "Maluku please!" She stood towering over him but she didn't seem to understand. He repeated the words irritatedly again and again. Finally she said with a shrug of her shoulders."I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about."
Toshi was desperate. He resorted to his last tactic. He climbed up the bed and dared to point with his forefinger at her titties and snarled "Bakayaro!"
Now she is catching on. She smiled at him and said, "Good boy,  I GOTT YA ♪♪"

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club