Tokyo Subway Sarin Incident

(INTRODUCTION)
Do you think it's possible to have an expereince that is dangerous, happy, sad, uncomfotable, and very scary at the same time? I had one, and I 'll remember it for the rest of my life.

(BODY)
On March 20th, 1995 I escaped from Tokyo Metropolitan Subway which was splashed with sarin by the terrorist group named Aum Shinri-kyo. I was waiting for a subway train at Kasumigaseki on my way to the office. I waited, waited and waited. But the train never pulled in. Meahnwhile the platform was full of commuting people. Someone said, "It stinks!" I had intuition that something strange has happened. Then I raced up the staris out on the streets. I saw a lot of fire-engines, patrol cars and amubulances going back and forth with full speed. I had to take a taxi to the office.
An American vice president screamed, "God damned! Schoko did it!" I said, "Jesus Christ! What's the hell is going on?" Terri suggested that we watch news on TV. The terrorists sparyed sarin over the very train I  had waited for. 13 people were killed, 50 people  severely injured. Most of them went blind because of the poisonous gas.
All of a sudden someone cried out in the cubicle. Terri dashed to his secretary who fell down to the floor. She didn't feel well and threw up. She must have been on the train the ruffians were boarding.
She was sent away to the hospital right on the spot. Terri declared a state of emergency. I was allowed to come home earlier than usual.
When I reached my house, my wife snatched my suit, shirt and necktie and threw them away.
Come to think of it, I saw Schoko's election advising pick-up in the neighborhood a week before. He was standing on the wagon wearing a white robe. Young girls with white mini-skirts  were dancing around him and singing Schoko's heroic songs.
That was a weird scenery. It's too bad that the secreatry went to the hospital. I'm sorry for her. But at least I was saved.

(CONCLUSION)
Now that you know my experience. I think you can understand why it was scary, sad, dangerous, uncomfortable and finally happy all at the same time. I didn't know it then, but it was the most important personal expereince of my life. It was important because without that experience, I wouldn't be here today in a free and wonderful country talking to all of you. Thank you.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club