Coming late for Harry Potter Club

Once a year I make it point of taking a blood test at a clinic in front of Minoo Station. The doctor graduated from Shinshu University and stayed in California for one year. So we have lots of things in common. The topic is always about learning English and German. I feel at home when I talk with him. On the contrary I hate to go to a clinic for a physical check-up (free of charge) in Kita-ku. When an unfamiliar doctor takes my blood pressure, I feel nervous. As a result my blood pressure skyrockets. Moreover I am always anxious about the results. due to my overreacting sensitiveness I dwell on the results forever.
Anyway last Tuesday I went to the clinic near Minoo Station. As I had to attend the Harry Potter Club starting at 10 am, I left home at 7:40. When I got on the JR train at Sakuranomiya, I encountered a rush-hour. For years I haven't experienced the rush-hour. But I could manage it, because Osaka is only two stations away from Sakuranomiya.
I arrived at the clinic at 9:00 o'clock sharp. But there were already three patients in the waiting-room. In 30 minutes or so a woman at the front desk called me, "Kaneko-san, it's your turn now."
To doc took my pulse and blood pressure. Then he applied an injection to my hand to take a blood sample.
I told him that I bumped into the rush-hour in Osaka. He smiled and said, "These day the rush-hour never occurs in the Minoo area. Each year young commuters are getting out of town. That's a shame. Now Minoo is full of older people."
After I took the prescribed medicine from the pharmacy. I dropped in my favorite dentist. For my daughter had asked me to buy her a toothbrush there. I glimpsed at my watch. It said 10:10 am.
I thought that I had hurry up to the City Hall. But all of a sudden I was hungry. Come to think of it, I had no breakfast for the blood test.
I got into a coffee shop on the shopping arcade. When I ordered a sandwich and a coffee, I just looked around. There were so many older people just like the doc said. At 10:40 I joined the Harry Potter Club. I had no opportunity to read the book and translate it. But still talking with my friends is good for my distraction of tinnitus. Moreover I walked 7 kilo meters on that day. It was a good exercise for me.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club