German Movie Evening

Every month "German Movie Evening" is held at the German consulate in Umeda Sky-Building.
I happened to get a free ticket last week. So I dropped in the building to see a movie, entitled "All About Friedrich von Schiller". Schiller is a German poet, playwright and historian, comparable with the greatest artist, Johann Wolfgang Goethe.
Upon entering the consulate a  blond chick gave me a onceover and checked my body and a briefcase with a detector. I felt as if I was at the customs at Osaka Airport before going on board the airplane. Besides there were already many German people in the wide open room waiting for the movie to begin.
The movie  started with Schiller's life as a medical officer in the military academy in Stuttgart. It's a shame that they provided the Japanese audience with only German subtitles. At first I was nervous, because I didn't catch what actors were talking about.  But I rememebered  German lessons in which a Goethe Institute teacher gave a lecture about " Wonderful Great German Artists". As luck would have it I was gradually  able to follow the subtitles.
While Schiller served as a military doctor, he finished up writing a fantastic famous novel, entitled "Raeuber" (or "Robber" ). From the beginning Schiller didn't like a boot camp. So, one day he ran away from Stuttgart to Mannheim where he sought his occupation as a poet.
Having said that he didn't feel completely at home in Mannheim, because he had to compete with a lot of rivals. It seemed to me that climbing up the ladder to the top of Literary Ivory Tower was not a piece of cake. But every cloud has a siver lining. He fell in love with so many beautiful women. I envied him! One of them was Charlotte with blond hair and mesmersing blue eyes. She looked like an assistant teacher at Goeth Institute from Essen a couple of years ago. In the end he asked Charlotte simply, "Will you marry me?" It was surprisig that she agreed with him right on the spot. On the contrary in my case it took several years before my wife gave a green light. She even inspected my cock with a vibrator to confirm if I was fertile or not. I found it obnoxious. If I was born again, I would be very much like to marry a stout blond German woman who is intelligent, nice and pretty. Or should they be not quiet and obedient or just augumentative? Oh, that's a fly in the ointment!
Back to the movie, to my surprise, he improvised  famous  lyrics of "Ode to Joy" while drinking a vodka with his buddies in the saloon. It is also well known that Ludwig van Beethoven used Schiller's poem when he composed the Nineth Synphony. How marvelous German artists are!
 I enjoyed the movie in generall. I had to rely on subtitles, though.

This morning I read an article on the BBC research  in the newspaper that Germany is now the most beloved country for their hospitality in the world. Unfortunately Japan placed the 5th place. It would take 100 years for Japan to outrank Germany. In the middle of 20th century German was rated as the most atrocious country because of Hitler. But this is actually not the case. As a matter of fact Germans are the most sincere, friendly and cultivated people in the world, I think.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club