Old Age is a Gift

I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be.
Oh, not my body! I sometimes despair over my body, the wrinkles, the bulging belly.
But I don't agonize over those things for long.
As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself.
I've beome my own friend.
If I go to a Karaoke Bar, I'd sing to the wonderful tunes of Neil Sedaka in the 60's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love.
Sure, over the years my heart has been broken.
How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one. or when a child suffers?
As you get older, it is easier to be positive.
You care less about what your wife thinks.
I don't question myself anymore.
I like being old.
It has set me free.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club