Burn Out

In July, 2009 I took a German test for an intermediary level at German school which is located in a 50-story-highrise building. The examination was divided into two parts:
1.Writing Session and Hearing Session on one day.2. Interview Test on the next day.
The first part of the test took four hours that included two times breaks.
My designated seat was located beside the window. I was happy because I could look at my wife's condo through the window. I wondered what my wife is doing now. Watching TV, doing stitch work or doing he dishes?
I was relieved that the teacher in charge of examination was a German teacher who I have met. What funny part of the procedure was that she told the partipants to fill out each one's application number, but not to write individual name on the answering sheet.
I thought we were treated like the Jews in Auschwitz. Then I put my foot in my mouth, "Typische Deutsche. Das ist doch unmenschlich!" Of course she marked my application number in her note.
It was nice of her to suggest that I move to the table in front of a cassette tape recorder when the hearing session began. She was my first teacher when I took up German back in 2006. So, she knew that I had tinnitus. I appreciated her concern about me. I was happy to hear that but I declined and said to her, "Frau Braun, danke für die Einladung. Aber ich möchte mir eher die schoene Ausssicht aus dem Fenster gönnen." It is satiristic to note that I had no ear-ringing during the test. Maybe I went all out. In the evening I was so tired that I slept like a log.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club