Statt Japanisch Deutsch zu sprechen

Last Saturday I went to an NPO Japanese-German Association in Kobe to brush up on my German.
There I met about 12 participants(11 Japanese, 1 German) from various generations. We discussed a theme on "das Spiel(Game) for solid 2hours. It was impressive that everyone speaks good German.
I wonder where they learned the German language. A middle aged woman sitting on my right said that she stayed in Duesseldorf for 20 years. A plump young woman sat on my left and spoke German so fast, that I could not catch up with her. I presume she was working on a working visa as a maid, because she is so familiar with a game for children. She also admitted that children's parent are rich. To my surprise she turned out to be an opera singer, as she passed along  brochures at the end of the meeting. Her photo in the panphlet for an extravagant upcoming show in Osaka Castle was so picturesque that turned me on.
It's interesting to know that Germans play also "Mahjong", "Shogi"(japanisher Schach) and "Igo".
A man in the late 70's explained "Igo" in detail. I think his German is so excellent that any Fritz could understand what he was talking about. No problem at least with the daily conversation.  But I just want to point out that it is dubious whether his idiomatic usage is correct. For instance he said "Plattspiel" in stead of Brettpiel. Our purpose is get the conversation going. That is OK with me. Besides the meeting charge was only 500 Yen.
What can you ask for more? Having said that I'd suggest that once back at home we should check the words discussed in the meeting in a dictionary, whether it is grammatically correct or not. The next meeting will be held on May 12th and its theme is about "Where would you show Germans around in the Kansai area if you were a tourist guide? or vice versa,Where would you show the Japanese around in Germany?" I'm looking forward to seeing my friends again.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The Six Signals All Audiences Want to Hear

Friendly Club